The AIDS Bereavement & Resiliency Program of Ontario, Casey House, & the Ontario AIDS Network present:
Building Resilience: Proactive Responses to Vicarious Trauma, Compassion Fatigue and Burnout for Frontline Staff and Educators
Thursday November 18 or December 9, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
This educational event is created for frontline healthcare, harm reduction, support service providers, and educators working with People living with, at risk for, & affected by HIV and People who use drugs.
This highly interactive workshop will introduce practical strategies to enhance personal and organizational resilience. Facilitated by Graham Vardy, Steven Hughes and Steve Hall, this one-day module, aims to support people who work in the healthcare and social service fields and “first responders”. The primary intention for this program is to strengthen resiliency, self-care & organizational practices to support wellness for staff working in chronically & acutely stressful environments & encourage a commitment to one’s physical, psychological, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
• Group agreements to create a psychologically safer learning space & check-in activity
• Understand the impacts of vicarious trauma, compassion fatigue, empathy stress & burn-out
• Learn proactive self-care strategies to enhance resilience & engagement in stressful work
• Introduction to the benefits of mindfulness practices & peer support skills
• Understand the influence of a trauma-informed & strength-based approaches to psychological safety
• Create a realistic & achievable personal resilience and self-care plan
Please note: We highly recommend completing the free on-line VIA Character Strengths Survey to better prepare for the day (www.viacharacter.org or www.viame.org) and the Professional Quality of Life Scale.
Registration in advance is required for this session. Please choose either November 18th or December 9th, as
the content for both days is the same.
To register for Thursday November 18th please use link below:
To register for Thursday December 9th please use link below:
*Note: you may need to copy and paste the link into your browser.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Contact information: Craig Boucher at AIDS Bereavement and Resiliency Program of Ontario – CraigBoucher@abrpo.org
For more information about the presenters, please visit the website at SteveHall.ca