HIV Psychiatry ECHO (Virtual)
- Are you interested in joining a community of practice for caseworkers and clinicians in mental health and HIV?
- Are you interested in gaining more knowledge about mental health disorders, and skills in mental health navigation?
- Do you have clients or case examples you’d like to consult a mental health team about?
Join this case-based education series with HIV psychiatrists, community experts, and other HIV mental health experts.
Who should join?
This program is ideally suited for caseworkers serving people living with HIV that may have mental health needs. We strongly encourage ASO workers to register.
If you are an Executive Director of an ASO, please consider recommending a frontline employee for this educational opportunity.
Themes covered include:
1) Perspectives in Psychiatry
2) The Mental Status Exam
3) Trauma and Elicitation of life narrative
4) Crystal Meth, Addictions and Motivational Interviewing
5) Intro to CBT for anxiety and mood
6) Navigating psychiatric diagnoses and Medications
7) Cultural Competency