Join CATIE, the Ontario Harm Reduction Network, and the Ontario Harm Reduction Distribution Program for an upcoming workshop called: Ontario Overdose Crisis and the Impact of COVID-19.
Date: Wednesday December 2, 2020
Time: 11:00 amWhat to expect
Ontario, like other provinces in Canada, continues to face an escalating overdose crisis compounded by the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), which has increased the risk of fatal overdoses. The pandemic has also influenced the types and the purity of drugs people are consuming, and limited access to support services.
This webinar will explore what various data sources in public health, drug surveillance and harm reduction can tell us about overdose and drug use trends in Ontario so far. It will also cover what this means for service providers and public health, and what we can expect going forward.
This webinar is a partnership between the Ontario Harm Reduction Network and CATIE.
Moderator: Christopher Hoy, Knowledge Specialist, CATIE
- Regan Murray, epidemiologist, Office of the Chief Coroner for Ontario (Public Health Agency of Canada)
- Pamela Leece, public health physician, Public Health Ontario
- Karen McDonald, Operations Manager, Centre on Drug Policy Evaluation
- Jenn Boyd, Harm Reduction Coordinator, The AIDS Committee of Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo & Area
- Aaron Fisher, Harm Reduction Worker, The AIDS Committee of Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo & Area
- Mary France Caron-Bruneau, Public Health Nurse, Sexual Health/Harm Reduction Program Coordinator, Porcupine Health Unit
Go here to register.
Please send your questions, comments, and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org